Housing Disrepair Funding

BMS Funding is committed to assisting ambitious Law Firms secure a greater quantity of housing disrepair claims by providing funding if the practice lacks the cash-flow to increase their case-book.

BMS Funding has developed a flexible funding model for Housing Disrepair claims. Our funding for disrepair cases in England and Wales covers any acquisition fees, expert reports, and the ATE premium.

How does Housing Disrepair claim funding work?

We provide funding for claims for disrepair against Housing Associations and Local Authorities. If the landlord refuses to carry out repairs, breaching their obligation under section 11 of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1985, the tenant may have a claim for damages. BMS Funding provides the funds for a Law Firm to acquire cases from a claims company and cover the costs of running those cases. Our terms are interest and charge free for 18 months.

Two-stage ATE insurance

BMS Funding provides a two-stage ATE insurance premium; the first stage covering the pre-action stage, the second to ensure cover is available should the case fail to settle, and litigation proves inevitable. This is the most cost-effective way to purchase ATE insurance.

Putting our clients first

We provide forward-thinking Law Firms with the funds required to acquire claims in which landlords have failed to carry out repairs. This helps our clients enhance their reputation for success and expertise, and to increase revenue. The BMS team have the experience and skills required to support CEOs and Managing Partners to scale-up their business and allow them to place greater emphasis on the end-client achieving the best possible outcome.   In housing disrepair cases, we are conscious that Solicitors are dealing with families needing to claim compensation and get the issues resolved, as they may be unable to live in their homes or have perhaps suffered health problems due to the landlord’s breach of duty. Therefore, we are committed to supporting the needs of everyone involved in the case, from the legal team to the affected tenant.

To talk to us about how we can assist you, please contact us using the details listed below.

We don't do:

Consumer Credit Agreement’s